Bootleg Recordings of VMworld 2015 Panels — Software Defined Talk #43
We figure out our Walmart greeter job for our never-retirement. After a discussion of a new type of expert witness we cover Chef’s funding, VMworld and Photon, and what’s left to do in SSO and identity management.
- If you like video, see this episode’s video recording.
- The meme expert. The “Reply All” podcast.
- Chef funding: They get $40 million, now with total funding over round A-E of $137 million.
- DevOps for VMware Administrators.
- Speaking in Tech: episodes 175 and 176 have some good VMworld commentary.
- Wut’s Photon?
- New DevOpsDays talks — I need some new talks, my current one only has so much steam left. What are good topics? No good ideas, but maybe security.
- Okta Funding — why is SSO still a growth market?
- Decadent strategy, pretty well sums up my “software nihilist” view on tech strategy. See also When Marketing Is Strategy, which I’ve skimmed but looks pragmatic.
- vCloud Air on the way out? (we hardly knew ya.)
- IBM buys StrongLoop.
- FAA chooses Amazon and Microsoft, not IBM (or Google, for that matter).
- Forget iPhone news, how about the Fire phone?
- Oracle Laying off Java Evangelists — Pivotal hired one of them: I guess their work is done, everyone’s heard of it.
- Coté: Beef.
- Matt: Rube Waddell episode of The Dollop is a Hilarious discussion of the life of one of the greatest and craziest baseball players to have ever lived. Strikeout leader, perfect inning, chasing fire trucks, multiple wives, learning to throw at birds.
- Brandon: woot.com. Getcherself a TV there.
IBM, Pivotal and VMware are sponsors of The New Stack.