With VMworld coming up next week, we talk tactics for surviving the show floor, Microsoft’s cloud and container offerings, and the battle for defining the fragmented “platform” space.
- If you like video, see this episode’s video recording.
- Day old coffee and OKRs.
- Security conferences.
- Software pricing mysteries.
- “Slack-Jawed Yokel.”
- VMworld next week — who’s with me? Matt/Coté: current status (w/r/t to VMworld).
- “Cohesive Entity”: Verizon using Mesosphere.
- Mirantis keeps raising money: Intel injects $100M into Mirantis to boost OpenStack adoption.
- Microsoft’s all about Containers.
- DevOpsDays Chicago.
- Brandon: InstaCart.
- Matt: Bill Bryson’s “In a Sunburned Country.”
- Coté: Costco peanut butter says you need to refrigerate it, but it still spreads smooth. Check out the great debate on peanut butter refrigeration.
Michael Coté works for Pivotal, a sponsor of The New Stack.
The New Stack is a wholly owned subsidiary of Insight Partners. TNS owner Insight Partners is an investor in the following companies: Mirantis.