As AWS re:Invent spit out more news than we could track, we also go over the happenings at CA World, identity management, the OpenStack Summit, and, as always, our recommendations for the week. Joining on the show this week: Brandon Whichard, Matt Ray, and Coté.
Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoftwareDefinedTalk
- OpenStack Summit – the momentum continues, lots of early enterprise usage, cloud orchestrators in the house.
- Cloud Management, CMP, orchestration, cloud brokers – Oh My!
- ITIL-X and “A thought-leader land-grab.”
- Brandon is working in security at IBM
- Identity standards… if you mention “tuples” Coté is done talking wiht you… for the love of Christ, startups, integrate with ActiveDirectory.
- AWS has AD
- CA World summary – Coté’s heuristic spring-traps.
- Holy crap Amazon released a bunch of stuff at re:Invent!
- AWS Service Catalog – Portals!
- AWS ALM – CodeDeploy, CodePipelines, CodeCommit
- Coté: Apples & warm Kirkland peanut butter
- Brandon: 1Password
- Matt: Meow the Jewels is Real! – does it come in a pack, ’cause I’d like to do two
The New Stack is a wholly owned subsidiary of Insight Partners, an investor in the following companies mentioned in this article: Real.