The State of the Kubernetes Ecosystem
Kubernetes emerged from a need to run cloud-native applications on a massively scaled network, and that’s exactly what it’s enabling its growing user base to do. The demand for platforms that can run web-scalable workloads means Kubernetes is increasingly under consideration by IT engineering teams, and many will choose to adopt the project. This ebook serves as a primer for both newcomers, assessors and implementers who are looking to make the most of the ecosystem of products and services emerging around Kubernetes. We also go well beyond the basics and explore where Kubernetes fits into the DevOps pipeline, how to overcome production challenges, and considerations for Kubernetes adopters. This ebook covers topics that include:
- An overview of the Kubernetes platform, components and architecture.
- An infographic exploration of the Kubernetes DevOps pipeline.
- Original data research and findings from our Kubernetes User Survey.
- A checklist for users and leaders wanting to assess Kubernetes.
- Best practices for overcoming issues with Kubernetes in production.