A Preview of OSCON 2017
Apr 13th, 2017 3:00pm by
TNS Annual Reader Survey
We need your input! Take 5 minutes to chime in and help guide our coverage.
Begin the survey
- Rachel Roumeliotis, Strategic Content Director, O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Scott Hanselman, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft.
- Kelsey Hightower, Google developer advocate.
A few highlights from the conversation include:
- There will be a lot of discussion about collaboration and community. Topics will cover managing contributions in a large organization, incentivizing community members and how to leave a project. Outside of the actual sessions, expect lots of one-on-one mentoring in the hallways.
- Open source business models continue to be something people want to talk about even if there is no long-term plan to transition a project to a full-blown start-up.
- Hanselman made sure to let us know about the care with which speakers were picked. All the co-chairs are on the speaking circuit and didn’t want to hear the same old people giving the same old talk.
Feature image via Pixabay.