Is Ansible truly worth $100 million to Red Hat? What’s the right play for getting iPhone subscriptions in the U.S.? And will this Dell acquisition of EMC work out? We tackle all these issues this week, plus ponder the comparatively sober ATM market.
- If you want to see the boys in action, watch the video of this episode’s recording.
- Apple shopping: getting a laptop for the spouse, finding the right iPhone plan.
- OpenStack Tokyo: Matt Ray is minding his American Airlines elite status.
- Red Hat buys Ansible for $100 million.
- SolarWinds: someone is trying to buy them.
- Software valuations are so high it de-calibrates value. Compare to valuations in the ATM market.
- Dell buying EMC: Matt and Brandon add some commentary; Coté has no comment.
- What do we make of IBM using Apple laptops?
- Brandon: “Shaky Ground: The Strange Saga of the US Mortgage Giants.”
- Matt: VW testing tool and “These Tech Giants are the Walking Dead.”
- Coté: “The Wolf in CIO Clothing.”
Red Hat is a sponsor of The New Stack, and Michael Coté works for Pivotal — a sponsor of The New Stack.