With a big dust up in the Docker world, we discuss Docker/Rocket, and also the news from DockerCon EU last week. On the topic of open source, we talk about Hortonworks S1 filing. And of course: luggage. Joining on the show are: Brandon Whichard, Matt Ray, and Coté.
Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoftwareDefinedTalk
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- British Airways direct flight from London to Austin is pretty good. The border/customers line coming back to Austin is tricky.
- Microsoft buys Acompli, let us sing the praises of Acompli. The best email and calendaring iOS app if you live in the real world (i.e., have to use Exchange).
- Coté was at DockerCon EU: epiphany, they never stopped building a PaaS! (Docker’s blog post on the announcements.)
- Docker, Rocket, etc. – Donnie’s write-up is a good overview with links to the “primary sources”
- The Closed Ticket: “So, in summary, you’re suggesting that I break compatibility with an existing format which is the de facto standard, in favor of a 3-day old unfinished spec, with no working implementation, no real-world usage, a controversial background, and sponsored by a small venture-backed company with questionable motives. In my place, what would you say?”
- The excellent HortonWorks S1 analysis from Dave Kellogg. See also the 451 analysis here and here.
- Some recent stats from Zenoss.
- Matt: Austin Public Library eBooks going straight through Amazon to deliver to my Kindle! Got the Everything Store to read. (Coté mini-recommendations-preview: Amazon Fire Phone, the unlocked one with a year of Amazon Prime).
- Brandon: Reply All Podcast.
- Coté: Forget that one bag crap (which Coté has done for 6+ years), try a spinner roller board. Even consider checking it!