Amazon will soon release it’s public cloud revenue numbers, exiting for this lot. We also discuss Solarwind’s recent purchase of Librato to further get into SaaS and more M&A rumors…as well as VMware parenting with Google and Coté recent tech conference travels in Europe.
Sign up for my newsletter at coteindustries.com/memo.
Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoftwareDefinedTalk.
- If you like video, see this episode’s video recording (if Coté remembered to upload it).
- Coté is almost out of the annual danger zone.
- iA Writer Pro and such.
Amazon Killing It
- Amazon going to release public cloud revenue numbers.
- Jack Clark on knowing branded credit card revenue, finally.
Wait … WUT?
- VMware partnering on DNS, analytics, object storage, and NoSQL offerings from Google for their vCloud Air (here and here).
- Also: EMC now owns all of VCE. Servers!
The EU tour
- Monkigras, FOSDEM, ConfigMgmt Camp.
- Wisdom of the Longbeards presentation, a talk never given.
SolarWinds Buys Librato
- On the heals of Pingdom acquisition, bought Librato. Solarwinds Cloud.
- Acquisition strategies: String of pearls versus anchor tenant versus tuck-in versus “buy a robot company.”
- VMware M& as a string of pearls example – a good analysis from Prabhakar.
- SocketPlane about to be Acquired? “SocketPlane, the roughly four-month-old startup working on some kind of networking for Docker containers, is already on the verge of getting acquired, industry sources say.”