Is there such a thing as a too creepy Hamburglar? We think not. Also, we cover what happened at DevOpsDays Austin, the identity management gap, and rumors about someone acquiring Salesforce.
- If you like video, see this episode’s video recording.
- Return of the Hamburglar — people are creeped out, but we love it.
- Brandon is in Munich at the European Identity & Cloud Conference — what’s the keynote trends in IDM now?
- DevOpsDays Austin 2015: Matt’s talk on resumes, Coté’s talk, Damon’s talk. Videos sometime soon.
- Alan Shimel’s write-up of Coté’s talk.
- DevOps needs some IDM.
- CoreOSFest — “Google, VMware, Red Hat and Apcera have all signed on to support appc.”
- Super-fan review of the show.
- Randy on EMC and OSS.
- Saleforce acquisition rumors — why would they want to get acquired?
Bonus Links, Not Covered This Week
- Microsoft changes a lot at its Build conference.
- “Is Microsoft still a Windows company?”
- Microsoft ships a cross-platform Visual Studio product.
- ChefConf is coming to Austin in 2016!
- Google Will Do Anything To Beat Moore’s Law – “People ask me if we would switch to Power, and the answer is absolutely. Even for a single generation.”
- Oracle scoops up Nebula’s OpenStack engineering.
- Brandon: latest season of the podcast StartUp.
- Matt: Devo live in 1978 performance.
- Coté: Standard Bank story from Chef.
Michael Cote works for Pivotal, a sponsor of The New Stack. CoreOS is also a sponsor of TNS.