“All Drone, no Cattle” and Coping with Christmas for Nerds – Software Defined Talk Podcast #019
In the last show of the year we talk about coping with Christmas, AWS spinning out, security black swans, robot obsessed tech companies, and, as always, our recommendations for the week.
Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/SoftwareDefinedTalk
- Tips for nerds on coping with Christmas: really take the time off, Amazon Prime with the blue bags gift wrap, drink heavily if needed.
- From Open (Unlimited) to Minimum Vacation Policy
- The recent Security Black Swans piece from Wendy@451.
- Break-off AWS speculation.
- Coté wants to see more coding businesses, more Ubers. Matt: “Anytime I talk on the phone with someone, I think, this should be computerized.”
- Matt: big open source acquisition.
- Brandon: Yahoo does merge with AOL. SaaS monitor oligopoly established. He’d like to see the podcast replace the webinar.
- Coté: CostCo prime rib. Buy it. Eat it. You’re welcome.
- Brandon: Slate’s Working podcast. esp. the “How to run a daycare center edition.”
- Matt: Buy a new coffee machine as a gift for Christmas. Cuisinart grind and brew one is nice. Also: use Garage Band for video tutorials.