Software Defined Talk: On Being an Analyst
Jan 23rd, 2017 8:00pm by
In this new episode of the Software Define Talk podcast, we discuss my life as an analyst and strategist (part 2 of a series.) SDT regular Matt Ray is off in Australia, so it’s just Brandon Whichard and myself. We also discuss: what IT analyst work on; working with marketers that have poor, nothing new material; learning how to function inside a large company in the executive suite; M&A and investment bankers, getting shit done in large companies (it’s always slow,) like Project Sputnik.
- See part one of this series.
- Coté’s published work at RedMonk.
- Coté’s analysis on disruption in the industry analyst business, going over the business as it matters to the individual analysts.
- A discussion of Project Sputnik with Coté and Barton George, episode 34 of Pivotal Conversations.
- Collected tips on surviving and thriving in a big company, recording a presentation at Devoxx Poland 2016.
- “Prototyping for Designers,” by Kathryn McElroy.
- Pod Save America podcast.
- Bolthouse Farms, 100% Carrot Juice, 32 oz.
- The perfect shoe for white collar yokels: Clarks Men’s Trapell Form Slip-On Loafer.
- At Costco (or Amazon): 505 Southwestern Hatch Valley Green Chile Salsa 40 Oz.