Software Defined Talk: Too Old for the Buffet
Aug 8th, 2016 8:36am by
With Matt securely setup in Australia, we get the low-down on the down under. We also discuss rumors of HPE and Rackspace going private and catch up on Verizon buying Yahoo.
HPE on the block?
- Coverage: “Several private equity firms, including KRR, Apollo Global Management and the Carlyle Group, are looking to pay $40 billion or more to buy HPE outright.”
- Bill Hilf is out of HPE, another cloud re-org at HPE.
- Let’s compare: IBM, Oracle, EMC/Dell, even Verizon/Yahoo — big tech companies surviving long term.
- Meanwhile: Rumors of Rackspace going private.
- Unified Products as Automate.
- Lots of videos.
- Brandon: Stranger Things.
- Matt: Utopia/Homeland. My kids love Tim Tams. Manly. Fan-o-rama.
- Coté: Field Notes Byline, reporter’s notebook.