Software is Awesome — Software Defined Talk #40
Aug 11th, 2015 7:49am by
When you can pay the sprinkler repair guy by using your finger to sign an iPad, things are looking up. Maybe it means we’ll have lots of microservices wrapped around government services, who knows. Also, we cover the strategy of choosing boring technologies: MongoDB and The EMC Federation.
Subscribe to this podcast: iTunes, RSS Feed.
- If you like video, see this episode’s video recording.
- IBM’s all about Mac laptops — What about Lenovo?
- IBM Mobile Innovation Lab examples.
- Software is awesome: Jobber.
- What ever happened to the API Economy?
- Choose Boring Technology: “Adding technology is easy, living with it is hard.” “Don’t chose tech because of testimonials on Hacker News. Hacker News is kind of like Fox News and not just because it’s dominated by libertarians.”
- What’s up with MongoDB?
- Will EMC spin-in VMware? Not everyone’s familiar with the EMC Federation — I’m not familiar with anything like it in the industry. EMC, VMware, RSA, Pivotal, VCE.
BONUS LINKS! Not Covered in Podcast
- Coté’s cloud-native series: What are other people doing?
- Love me a good animated gif.
- Brandon: (Once again …) “Wool.”
- Matt: Girl Talk videos one and two.
- Coté: “Leading the Transformation, Applying Agile and DevOps Principals at Scale“: Good overview, so far, of what management at larger companies can do to introduce Agile and DevOps.
IBM, Pivotal and VMware are sponsors of The New Stack. Michael Coté also works for Pivotal.