This week on The New Stack Context we talk with CircleCI CEO Jim Rose about a three-part series of posts he just wrote for The New Stack about the metrics that the company has found are useful for measuring an organization’s DevOps performance. The series is full of lots of data and graphics to help explain some standard metrics like mainline branch stability, deploy time and deploy frequency. Rose spoke to us about the report CircleCI put together, how they came up with those metrics, and how they can be useful for DevOps teams.
Also, this week, TNS managing editor Joab Jackson discusses Camunda, a company out of Berlin that provides workflow automation for developers building microservices-based applications. In an article this week, he offered details on their enterprise platform and open source project, called Cockpit, which allow developers to coordinate and oversee the complex operations of multiple components, or microservices.
- Measuring Engineering Velocity: How Deploy Time Affects Cost and Quality
- Measuring Engineering Velocity: Deploy Frequency as a ‘Vital Sign’ of DevOps Health
- Jenkins X Brings Automated Pipelines to Kubernetes
- Container Solutions: Cloud Migration with the Best Tools — and the Right Culture
- OpenAI Algorithm Allows AI to Learn from Its Mistakes
- Camunda Offers a Microservices Workflow Engine, Built on BPMN.
CircleCI is a sponsor of The New Stack.