Listen to all TNS podcasts on Simplecast.
Hello, welcome to The New Stack Context, a podcast where we review the week’s hottest news in cloud-native technologies/at-scale application development and look ahead to topics we expect will gain more attention in coming weeks.
This week we start with news from Docker, that its founder and former CTO Solomon Hykes has announced he’s leaving the company. TNS San Francisco correspondent Alex Handy first reported that Hykes stepped down as Chief Technology Officer back in November. At the time he said he was staying on as vice president of the board of directors. Then this week Hykes published a post on the Docker blog announcing he’s leaving the company he started 10 years ago. Handy has the story for us again.
Also this week, we discuss Nvidia’s AI and deep learning event, the GPU Technology Conference (GTC), with TNS managing editor Joab Jackson, who attended the event. The New Stack is ramping up our machine learning coverage, especially as it relates to infrastructure automation and developer tooling. You, our readers and listeners told us in a survey back in December that AI is one of your top five areas of interest this year and so we are diving in — starting with GTC.
- Solomon Hykes Changes Roles at Docker
- Solomon Hykes Departs from Docker
- Nvidia Offers a Data Center Simulator for Training Self-Driving Automobiles
- Nvidia Embraces Kubernetes for Scalable Deep Learning
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Adopts Multicloud Management Tools
- Using AWS Storage for Serverless Microservices
- Kubernetes Races to Fix Regressions Introduced by Recent Security Patches
Feature image: Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang takes over a press briefing at GTC 2018.