Vegas Blinders, re:Invent, Curious George, and Dell/EMC — Software Defined Talk #46
Calling in from Las Vegas, Matt gives us the rundown of this year’s re:Invent. Looks like Amazon is maintaining the course to go after everyone. We also discuss traveling to Vegas itself, Curious George, a local Austin conference, and Coté abstains for saying anything about Dell buying EMC while Matt and Brandon discuss it.
- If you like video, see this episode’s video recording.
- If you don’t like the Curious George TV show, you can go fuck yourself.
- Good Greek mythology book for kids: “D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths”
- Vegas people.
- AWS re:Invent 2015: “Amazon to Everyone: You’re Toast.” All your enterprise software licensing margins belong to us. Select announcements: Amazon Kinesis Firehose, Amazon QuickSight, AWS Inspector, AWS Config Rules, Amazon Elasticsearch Service0p3, Amazon RDS for MariaDB, AWS Database Migration Service, AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), Amazon EC2 Dedicated Hosts, EC2 Spot Blocks, AWS Import/Export Snowball, AWS Config Rules.
- EMC/Dell: Coté has no comment, Brandon and Matt Ray talk about it.
- The scene at yesterday’s InnoTech conference in Austin, the CD Summit track.
- Ben Thompson’s rainforest theory, commentary on it and one of the podcasts on the topic.
- Brandon: Long Form Podcast, Browns podcast.
- Matt: Eating on other’s expense accounts.
- Coté: Easy Tiger restaurant/beer garden in Austin.
Michael Coté works for Pivotal — a sponsor of The New Stack.