Listen to all TNS podcasts on Simplecast.
This week on The New Stack Context podcast, we spoke with Jenny Gao, an investor at Bessemer Venture Partners, about the adoption of serverless technologies in the enterprise. We explore the future of serverless and whether it’s feasible, or maybe even likely, for companies to just skip over containers altogether and go directly to a serverless architecture. Gao co-authored a piece for The New Stack this week that summarizes the investment firm’s interviews with dozens of enterprises about leveraging serverless technology.
We also talk about the evolution of “instant operations” in the form of voice commands. Can ops teams run their day-to-day duties, coordinate incident response, and receive status updates using a Siri-like virtual assistant? PagerDuty thinks so and they have a name for this next wave of digital operations: “VoiceOps.” This week on The New Stack, PagerDuty contributed a piece about a project its been working on to create a virtual assistant for its incident response management platform. We discuss the implications here.
- VoiceOps: Virtual Assistants for IT Ops Environments
- Don’t Panic: How PagerDuty Handles Incident Management
Serverless in the Enterprise:
- Spring Creator Rod Johnson: What Went Wrong with Enterprise Java
- Microsoft’s PowerShell Core Offers Cross-Platform Automation
- The Case for Serverless in the Enterprise: User Insight
PagerDuty is a sponsor of The New Stack.